Tips and Tricks of the Trade
Here are a few simple tips to help preserve the natural beauty of your stone:
- Use coasters under all glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices.
- While many stones can withstand heat, use trivets, mats, or cooling racks to prevent cracking.
- Use neutral cleaners, stone soap, or a mild liquid dishwashing detergent with warm water to clean your stone surfaces.
- An excessive concentration of cleaner or soap may leave a film and cause streaks. Follow manufacturer recommendations.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly after washing with the soap solution and dry with a soft cloth.
- Products containing lemon, vinegar or other acids may dull or etch calcareous stones.
Our Recommended Products
GranQuartz 113M 3-in-1 Stone Countertop Spray
GranQuartz 113M is a highly effective, easy to use maintenance product that cleans, polishes, and protects all polished stone. It works as both a polisher and protector. This product is USDA approved. It offers no buildup, resists water spots and stains, and can be used on any non-walking surface. GranQuartz 113M may also be used on brass, stainless steel & chrome.
- Outstanding results on granite, stainless steel, & man-made counter surfaces
- Cleans, polishes, & protects in one easy application
- Dries streak & residue free
- No build-up on surfaces
Spray413S Professional Impregnator Sealer, 0.5 Liter
413S Professional Impregnator is a highly effective silicone impregnator designed for the Stone Professional. It’s fast and easy to apply, cures quickly, and offers the ultimate in long term stain protection on all stone surfaces. 413S is exceptionally effective on polished granite counter tops, leaving the stone looking completely natural, and is UV resistant.
- Stain protector for polished stone
- Recommended for professional use
- Great for polished granite
- UV resistant
- Allows stones to breathe
Coverage Area: 150 to 200 sq. feet per quart depending on porosity of stone.